TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Contributor—all persons, entities, organizations submitting contributions to the project.
- Licensee—all persons, entities, organizations obtaining a copy of or exercising use of the Materials.
- Licensor—the "Licensor" provided in the fields above.
- Materials—all works of authorship, information, methods, intellectual property contributed or licensed to the project, subject to this Agreement.
Grant of License
- Licensor hereby grants Licensees a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, make, have made, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and sublicense the Materials, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Distribution of Materials
- This Agreement and notice must be included in or provided alongside all substantial distributions of the project, its Materials.
- All substantial distributions of the project, its Materials shall include notice of any contents and intellectual property not covered by this Agreement.
- Contributors grant Licensees a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, make, have made, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and sublicense the contributions made by Contributors to the project, in accordance with and subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Contributors grant Licensor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, make, have made, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and sublicense the contributions made by Contributors for the purposes of developing, distributing, and promoting the project.
Each Contributor represents and warrants that they have the legal right and authority to grant the license set forth in this Agreement with respect to their contributions to the project, and that their contributions:
- do not violate any intellectual property rights, proprietary rights, or any other rights of any third party;
- do not violate any laws, regulations, or statutes within the jurisdiction of the Licensor;
- do not contain any viruses, malware, malicious codes, or any other elements that could be harmful to the licensees, or that could compromise the integrity, functionality, or operation of any systems or networks.
- Contributors retain all rights to their contributions not otherwise expressed in this Agreement.
- Licensees may use the Materials for personal, non-commercial purposes without restriction.
- Licensees may use the Materials for commercial purposes in works consisting of substantial portions of original content and identifiable as relevant to the project to a casual observer.
- Licensees may use the Materials for commercial and non-commercial purposes whereby relevant contributions are made alongside the aforementioned use.
- Licensees may use compiled object code, tooling licensed by this Agreement, as well as their generated outputs, for commercial and non-commercial purposes without restriction.
- For all other purposes, Licensees are advised to seek separate agreements with the Contributors of the Materials in question.
- The Licensor reserves all rights to the project and all licensed Materials not covered by the Contributions section of this Agreement.
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
- The project, its Materials, and their derivative works are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, except those explicitly stated in this Agreement.
- Licensor and Contributors shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including but not limited to procurement of substitute goods or services, loss of use, data, or profits, or business interruption) arising in any way out of the use of the project, its Materials, or their derivative works, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
Use of Name
- Licensees may not use the names or marks of Licensor or Contributors in any way that suggests endorsement or affiliation without the prior written consent of the parties involved.
- Licensees may use the names and marks of the project, in and with respect to works covered by this Agreement, to indicate association with the project.
- The Licensor may publish new versions of this Agreement with prior notice of not less than 15 days, after which licensed Materials will be subject to the updated Agreement.
- Contributors may withdraw their contributions from new versions of the Agreement by attaching notice to their contributions within 30 days of the effective date.
- Materials may be licensed under any version of this Agreement made effective after the licensing of those Materials, excluding draft versions of the Agreement and except where contributions are withheld from the specific version of the Agreement.
Revocation of License
- If the Licensee is found to have infringed upon the intellectual property rights of the Contributors; or to have violated any end-user licensing agreement (EULA) associated with the Project, except at the discretion of the relevant Contributors, any and all license granted by this Agreement is revoked and the Licensee is prohibited from further use of the Materials, intellectual property covered by this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Licensor's principal jurisdiction, as provided in accompanying documentation.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Licensor and Licensees and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings, or negotiations, whether written or oral.
License to This Agreement
- Licensor grants Licensees a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license to use this Agreement without restriction.